Good Food Reads

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Stocked Pantry=No Need to buy Salad Dressings (and the baggage that come with them)

Garlic, Basil, Parmesan Balsamic Vinaigrette RECIPE
 In a quest to convert all of my fats to real fats, I want to replace all of my jars of salad dressing in my fridge to a lovely array of homemade salad dressings for every occasion...

I am not a good cook. I am good at following instructions. I can turn out tasty things but have difficulty making up recipes or recreating something I have eaten at a restaurant. Long story short - Food Snob is a good cook and she has agreed to help me come up with a half dozen or so go to recipes for salad dressings I can have on hand. She makes them up nightly by getting inspired from the ingredients on hand and the complimentary flavors. That will never happen in my house. I panic and skip the salad alltogether if I have to look up a recipe and make one more thing while my family stares at me starving. So....this is the first dressing recipe that I am keeping on hand. I made up about 16 of them and took to food club today as giveaways. I found some cute jars at a container wholesaler for about a dollar that worked well.

1/2 cup olive oil (cold expeller pressed if you can)
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 small clove garlic, crushed
3 tablespoons grated parmesan (our local grocery store sells one in the deli that is nice)
1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt (I use Real salt)
1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper

To make sure credit goes to the right person, this is the Food Snob's recipe. If anyone has a fabulous asian ginger dressing, maybe a sweeter one for a salad with spinach and fruit or one as a healthy substitute for ranch that would be fabulous.



The Chemist,



No comments:

Post a Comment